The meaning of digital has altered substantially in recent years with the advent of the internet, the World Wide Web, handheld devices, mobile networks and super-fast computing. Today it is generally seen as something created using some form of computer that can be transmitted via the internet, or the tools used to create and transmit this output as digital data. Digital is sometimes used in specific opposition to analogue. For this project the more colloquial definition is being used – something that is created for or by a form of computer that can be transmitted as digital data via the internet; or even more simply, something that can be stored/sent in a computer file. This includes digital photographs, digital audio recordings, apps, digital video, code, the product of specialist music programs such as Sibelius or MuseScore, websites, website content and comments etc.
What do you mean by digital?
Recent Blog Posts
- The Digital Folk Report has launched! 2nd March 2018
- Tickets available for the launch of the Digital Folk Report on 13 February 26th January 2018
- Digital Folk Report to be launched soon! 23rd December 2017
- Digital Folk Report 6th October 2017
- Digital Folk conference – registration now open! 9th February 2017