No! We are interested in any folk arts and artists that are active in England. The folk arts and artists could have originated anywhere in the world, as long as their creation or performance is taking place in England now, and considered “folk” (or “traditional”) to those who are taking part. This could include Irish traditional musicians in London, Male Voice Choirs in Sunderland, Eastern European folk singers in Essex or Highland Dancers in the Midlands. By limiting the project to in England we can see a cross section of types, styles and origins of folk arts, not just those considered English.
Are you only looking at English Folk arts?
Recent Blog Posts
- The Digital Folk Report has launched! 2nd March 2018
- Tickets available for the launch of the Digital Folk Report on 13 February 26th January 2018
- Digital Folk Report to be launched soon! 23rd December 2017
- Digital Folk Report 6th October 2017
- Digital Folk conference – registration now open! 9th February 2017