As the project is based in the Music Department of the University of Sheffield, and the lead researcher is an ethnomusicologist, you could be forgiven for assuming that this project is only about music. However, the majority of folk arts are combined in events, particularly music and dance and song, and often with poetry, storytelling and dramatic performances. The research team also includes an ethnochoreologist and a specialist in crafts and digital media, so together we’re interested in all forms of folk art, not just music.
Recent Blog Posts
- The Digital Folk Report has launched! 2nd March 2018
- Tickets available for the launch of the Digital Folk Report on 13 February 26th January 2018
- Digital Folk Report to be launched soon! 23rd December 2017
- Digital Folk Report 6th October 2017
- Digital Folk conference – registration now open! 9th February 2017